Are you a people person with a few hours to spare each week? Are you physically able to life heavy bags and boxes of donations?
The Mission Store Needs You!
Join an exceptional group of staff and volunteers who are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face each and every time you walk through the door.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service to all customers, clients and donors.
- Work with the cash register and balance the float at the end of the day.
- Organize and display store merchandise, maintain a clean and tidy environment.
- In cooperation with other volunteers, provide service and loss prevention to all areas of the sales floor.
- Show appreciation to donors and ask them to complete the Registry Binder.
- Attend the volunteer/staff team meetings and any volunteer training and development opportunities
- Contact store manager regarding scheduling, time off or other concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients (excluding the reporting of concerns to staff)
Length of Commitment: 8 months
Estimated Total Hours: at least 4 hours/week
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Dependable with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A good listener and communicator.
- Physically able to lift bags and boxes of donations.
- Must be sensitive to the life circumstances and needs of clients.
- Ability to work in a faith based organization, adhering to the vision, mission and values of Mission Services of London.
Please click HERE to apply or contact Melissa Tiller at 519 433 2708 or email@example.com
*only those who meet the specific volunteer requirements will be contacted*
*all applications are kept on file for a period of 6 weeks*