Join us on Wednesday, August 21st from 12pm – 5pm in our parking lot at the intersection of York and Rectory Streets for our annual Fill Up the Bus event! The parking lot is located across the street from the Western Fair Grounds and the goal is to fill a school bus with school supplies for those in need at Rotholme Women’s & Family Shelter.
Our Back to School Campaign runs each August to provide needed items to those using services through Rotholme Women’s & Family Shelter and attending school (from JK to high school). Collected items are given to students throughout the school year, not just in September.
Sobey’s (Adelaide St. and Fanshawe Park Rd. location) has joined as a partner for Fill Up the Bus this year! The North London location will be accepting donations of school supplies and peanut-free snacks in their donation bin from Sunday, August 11th – Saturday, August 17th!
Please call 519-433-2807 ext. 2115 for more information. Thank you for your support. Priority items to donate this year:
- Peanut free snacks – grade school
- Backpacks – JK to high school
- Lunch bags – JK to high school
- Water bottles – JK to high school
- Combination Locks – high school
- Scientific Calculators – high school
- Shoes (indoor, non-mark soles) – all sizes JK to high school or gift cards to shoe stores
- Track pants/ “ball cap” style hats/ hair ties/ active wear – all sizes JK to high school
- Pencil Cases – JK to high school
- School Supplies ( pencils, erasers, pens (red, blue, black), crayons, pencil crayons, pencil sharpeners, markers, highlighters) – JK to high school
- Rulers – JK to high school
- Sticky Notes – JK to high school
- Binders – JK to high school
- Dividers – JK to high school
- USB Memory Sticks – high school
- Facial tissues (Kleenex, etc.) – JK to grade school
- Duo tangs – JK to high school
- Reusable snack/drink containers – JK to high school
For those of you who prefer to make a financial contribution in order to purchase much needed supplies:
Please be sure to check off the “I would like this donation to go to a specific appeal” box on the donation form and specify “School supplies” on the second step of the donation process.