Rotholme Family Shelter has openings for two Child Activity Workers through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Rotholme provides a day camp experience for children in shelter. The shift schedule will vary – day/afternoon shifts, weekdays and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a safe and healthy environment – both physically and mentally, to ensure the operation of quality child-centred programming for children.
- On a daily basis, ensure children are aware of guidelines and scheduled routines.
- Prepare weekly/daily themed activities that fit the children’s abilities and interests.
- When possible, integrate and organize off-site field trips for children.
- When possible, attend off-site field trips with children; this may involve taking public transportation, school bus and/or walking.
- Accept responsibility for the supplies, equipment and materials used for activities.
- Report concerns to Resident Care Worker, Caseworker and/or Program Supervisor.
- Follow proper procedures for sign-in/out of children for morning and afternoon programming.
- Immediately report all accidents to the Program Supervisor, and completely fill out proper accident/incident forms.
- Complete daily maintenance of activity areas, warranting safety and cleanliness.
- Ensure that Mission Services of London’s Vision, Mission and Values are evident in activities.
- Establish positive role modelling relationships with children: Develop awareness of each child’s levels of understanding – Consider the needs of all children – Treat each child with respect and dignity.
- Work with Resident Care Workers, Caseworkers and parents to promote positive parent/staff relations.
- Journal on a daily basis about activities, behaviours, successes, challenges, etc.
- Document monthly, weekly and daily statistics of children participating in programming.
- Prepare an end-of-summer written report.
- From time to time Program Supervisor will assign additional duties.
- Graduate of an Early Childhood Education or Child and Youth Care Diploma program from a recognized college or equivalent
- Camp Counsellor or Recreational Leadership Experience: 1 year (required)
- Excellent interpersonal, proactive crisis intervention and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with children in a crisis environment
- Strong organizational and creativity skills
- Contract : July 5 to September 3, 2021
Interested applicants need to submit their resume and covering letter ASAP to:
Rotholme Family Shelter
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com