Community Mental Health Programs (CMHP) of Mission Services of London has an opening for a full-time (40 hrs/week) Streetscape Community Outreach Worker. This position will work under the supervision of the CMHP Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen and assess appropriate referrals
- Identify and engage individuals from the target population
- Assist clients to access services
- Assist consumers to attain identified needs, i.e. shelter, food, clothing, physical health
- Network with other agencies and service providers
- Administrative duties i.e. computerized data collection, participation in team and training opportunities
- Post-secondary education in mental health and/or addiction field.
- Minimum two years experience working with those experiencing homelessness and serious mental illness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience and knowledge in concurrent disorders.
- Knowledge of issues and relevant legislation related to mental health and homelessness.
- Working knowledge of social services/resources in London and area.
- A valid “G” class driver’s license, as well as a licensed and insured vehicle.
- Current First Aid, CPI and CPR certification.
Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Mission Services of London is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com