Rotholme Family Shelter of Mission Services of London, has an opening for a contractual position of Housing Stability Worker who will provide short-term crisis counselling and ongoing support to participants to develop and achievement of personal goals and objectives through educational, informational and recreational sessions, through referrals to community agencies/resources, and through development of a plan of care. This role will support individuals, couples and families staying in emergency shelters, as well as to families in receipt of housing stability supports in the community.
This contract position will be in effect from December 2021 to mid-September 2022 and will report to the Program Supervisor.:
- Diploma or degree Human and/or Social Services and 2-3 years of experience in Case Management/Rehabilitation counseling preferably in a residential setting.
- Knowledge and ability to work with women, men, families and children in crisis situations.
- Knowledge of abuse, addiction issue and child protection.
- Knowledge and experience supporting persons with mental health issues, learning disabilities, developmental challenges.
- Sound knowledge of techniques in crisis intervention, anger diffusion, conflict intervention and resolution, use of chemical dependency diagnostic tools.
- Current First Aid/CPR and CPI training.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams) and HIFIS.
- Effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently as a staff of a Christian based social service agency.
- Familiar with programs, supports and processes for newcomers to Canada.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to make sound judgments and decisions.
- This position is typically during business hours, but there may be occasions hours will need to be flexed to meet the needs of participants.
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
Please submit resume and covering letter to:
Rotholme Family Shelter
To apply for this job email your details to MJHartman@missionservices.ca