457 York Street, London, Ontario
Community Mental Health Programs (CHMP) offers various support services to assist the needs of the homeless, those “at risk” of becoming homeless, as well as those experiencing mental health and addiction issues. We promote rehabilitative, harm reduction and recovery-based models of service to provide opportunities for clients to attain their self-identified goals.
Transitional Case Managers
- Supportive team of four providing transitional assistance and support to those who are leaving hospital and coping with mental illness.
- Case managers maintain ongoing contact with clients after hospital discharge for up to nine weeks.
- Dedicated team of five who provide outreach services by seeking individuals who are in need of social assistance.
- Offers support including court diversion program, housing advocacy, assistance with income services, and more.
- Helps clients navigate and access other social services and food services agencies and community resources.
The Resource Centre
(entrance located through the Men’s Mission front doors at 459 York St)
- Operates from 8:30am-11:30am and 12:30pm-3:00pm five days a week (Monday to Friday)
- A friendly drop-in safe space for men.
- A multipurpose room offering coffee, water, free laundry, hair cuts on certain days and hair cut vouchers.
- Access to a telephone and computer as well as vocational, social, leisure, and educational programming.
- Access to individual function assessments, addiction assessments, and referral to treatment centres and other services.
- GED testing available to see which subject areas individuals need to focus on to pass the test to obtain their GED. The testing will be available once a month in the morning beginning at 8:30am. You must register ahead of time. Call the Resource Centre to register or for more information at 519-518-6032. Or call Rebecca at 519-495-8502 to register.
Mission Services of London receives funding support for CMHP from the Southwest LHIN (Local Health Integration Network) and through community donations.
A copy of the LHIN M-SAA agreement and supporting documents are available to read at this branch site, or download: Signed Multi-Sector Service Accountability Agreement (MSAA) 2018-2019
Compliance Document: LHIN Declaration of Compliance June 20, 2019