42 Stanley Street
Rotholme Women’s & Family Shelter primarily accommodates families (two parent and single parent families, both male and female led). There is accommodation for approximately twenty families. Single women who have no other shelter options may be registered for a shelter stay. Self or agency referrals are accepted. The length of stay varies from one day up to thirty days. Twenty-four hour emergency admission is provided for families and single women age 16 and over, who are homeless or in personal crisis and in need of temporary emergency accommodation. In some cases, we are able to work with clients to divert a shelter stay, and provide support while a family works towards stability.
Our Housing Stability Workers provide counselling and supports for clients to create stability for their families in the communities where they are living. Our Housing Selection Worker helps families with their housing search specifically.
Back to School Campaign
Our Back to School Campaign runs each August to provide needed items to those using services through Rotholme Women’s & Family Shelter and attending school (from JK to high school). Collected items are given to students throughout the school year, not just in September. Please call 519-433-2807 ext. 2109 for more information. Thank you for your support. Items to donate this year:
- Peanut free snacks – grade school
- Backpacks – JK to high school
- Lunch bags – JK to high school
- Water bottles – JK to high school
- Locks – high school
- Scientific Calculators – high school
- Shoes – all sizes JK to high school or gift cards to shoe stores
- Track pants/ active wear – all sizes JK to high school
- Pencil Cases – JK to high school
- School Supplies ( pencils, erasers, pens (red, blue, black), crayons, pencil crayons, pencil sharpeners, markers, highlighters) – JK to high school