42 Stanley Street
Rotholme Family Shelter primarily accommodates families (two parent and single parent families, both male and female led). There is accommodation for approximately twenty families. Self or agency referrals are accepted. The length of stay varies from one day up to thirty days. Twenty-four hour emergency admission is provided for families who are homeless or in personal crisis and in need of temporary emergency accommodation. In some cases, we are able to work with clients to divert a shelter stay, and provide support while a family works towards stability.
Rotholme Family Shelter has the Prevention of Homelessness Among Families (PHAF) program where the focus is connecting with families to keep them housed or find them housing so they can avoid coming into shelter. And, if they need to come into emergency shelter, workers help to get families out of shelter and into their own housing as quickly as possible, while helping them maintain long-term housing through housing stability.
Watch this video to learn about how the PHAF program works:
Our Shelter Diversion Worker works with families to help them avoid coming into shelter by finding a way to make their current living situation work or help them find other appropriate housing. Our Housing Stability Workers provide counselling and supports for clients to create stability for their families in the communities where they are living. Our Housing Selection Worker helps families with their housing search specifically.
Fill Up the Bus Campaign
Our Fill Up the Bus Campaign runs each August to provide needed items to those using services through Rotholme Family Shelter and attending school (from JK to high school). Collected items are given to students throughout the school year, not just in September. Please call 519-433-2807 ext. 2115 for more information. Thank you for your support. Items to donate this year:
- Peanut free snacks – grade school
- Backpacks – JK to high school
- Lunch bags/Reusable snack/drink containers – JK to high school
- Water bottles – JK to high school
- Locks – high school
- Scientific Calculators – high school
- Shoes (indoor, non-mark soles) – all sizes JK to high school or gift cards to shoe stores
- Track pants/ “ball cap” style hats/ hair ties/ active wear – all sizes JK to high school
- Pencil Cases – JK to high school
- School Supplies ( pencils, erasers, pens (red, blue, black), wax crayons, pencil crayons, pencil sharpeners, markers, scissors, glue, highlighters) – JK to high school
- 3-holed lined paper – grade school
- Binders – grade school